For three quarters, the Celtics dominated. For the final 12 minutes, LeBron and the Cavs ran away with it. Snapping a nine game winning streak in Boston was nice, but it wasn’t without it’s costs. Here are my thoughts:
- Good thing it looks like “Z” is headed back, because Shaq’s thumb injury could keep him out from anywhere between two to six weeks.
- LeBron puts up a routine 36-9-7. Ho hum.
- Is Mo getting his stroke back? He scored 14 in the fourth, including two big threes. Here’s hoping he gets back to his form in December through his injury.
- Before everyone gets too high on this win, remember that Paul Pierce did not play.
- Of course it had to be Glen “Uno Uno” Davis who had to be the one to cause Shaq’s injury. How many people do you think are trying to draw LSU comparisons? Nobody? Ok let’s move on.
- Oh wait…from ESPN’s recap: “O’Neal and Davis, former LSU players, chatted before the game in the Cleveland locker room. Davis informed O’Neal that the Tigers were no longer winless in the SEC, having beaten Arkansas on Wednesday.” There’s one!
- J.J. Hickson filled in nicely when the Cavs went small.
They’re in Toronto tonight, and the last couple games are showing signs of the pre-trade Cavs.
Is everybody done panicking?