Is not getting swept an accomplishment? I guess so, but these kids need to start hitting. Luckily they got a key hit from Shin-Soo Choo yesterday. Here are my thoughts:
- Shin-Soo Choo hit a three run homer in the 8th that ended up being the game winner. He’s the only person on this team hitting right now.
- Four years ago would you believe me if I told you Shin-Soo Choo would have more power than Travis Hafner?
- David Huff pitched a complete game yesterday, giving up just four hits and two runs, and walking only one. If, and this is a big IF, Huff can give the Tribe 12-15 wins this year, that would be HUGE for the team.
- Yesterday’s attendance? 10,198. That is less than 23% of capacity. Sure, some of that had to do with it being an afternoon game on a Thursday, but it was a gorgeous day. It shows that this town is not going to rally around this team unless: A) they’re looking very, very good after the trade deadline and B) the Cavs season is over.
- It’s hard for the casual fan to get behind a team with no recognizable faces (except maybe Grady) and no identity.
It’s going to be a long year. Nobody wins with a shaky (at best) bullpen, an unproven rotation, and maddening inconsistent lineup.
Please prove me wrong, Tribe. Show us that you can keep Grady Sizemore past the trade deadline. Show us we can catch “Tribe Fever” again into the fall.
It’s a long shot, but it’s happened before…