So how many of you guys watched this game until the very end? I’m not gonna lie, I was done with this one with about two minutes left. It was absolutely embarrassing the way the Cavs performed at home, and now they’ve lost home court. Here are my thoughts:
- Seriously Cavs? Although it’s not acceptable, I can understand why you may not have been jacked up to play the Bulls. But this is your rival. LeBron received his second MVP award before the game. It is flat out appalling you guys came out with that level of effort.
- I still don’t know exactly how much I believe LeBron’s elbow hurts, but a player of his caliber needs to play through that.
- And when I say play through it, I mean take more than 15 shots. Make your presence on the court known.
- Speaking of people needing to show up, hello Mo Williams! Four points on 1-9 shooting? Not only was he dreadful offensively, Rajon Rondo put on a clinic, much in the same way Derrick Rose did in the first round.
- Hey, Doc Rivers, that was a textbook jump stop by LeBron James. Not a “crab dribble”, not a travel. Quit playing up the cameras by acting like you’re counting his steps.
- You have to give Boston credit here, they played a terrific game. Kevin Garnett was scoring at will with Antawn Jamison on him, Rondo was carving through the defense, and Rasheed Wallace traveled back to 2004 and shot the lights out. The Celtics played as well as the Cavs did bad.
- Like Mr. Schuster BBM’ed me last night: the Cavs need to go small. They need to run on this older team. If they try to make this a half court game, they have to hit their shots. Since they were ice cold, they needed to adjust and get up and down the court. J.J. came in WAY too late.
Due to the fantastic NBA Playoff schedule makers, the Cavs don’t play again until Friday, so be ready for three more days of LeBron’s elbow, whether or not they’re “in trouble”, and whether LeBron will stay or leave depending on the outcome of this season.
Can’t wait for that!