Mitch Talbot returned to his April form, beating former Cy Young winner Jake Peavy last night at Progressive Field. This win got them just 10 games under .500! WHEEEEEEE! Here are my thoughts:
- In all seriousness, Talbot did pitch a solid game (7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER) and won himself his sixth game of the year. I’d say swapping him for Kelly Shoppach was a pretty good deal (especially when Carlos Santana makes it to the bigs).
- Jason Donald and Shin-Soo Choo both went yard last night. Is it me, or is it really strange when more than one dude hits a bomb? I could be completely wrong here. I guess if anybody hits a home run besides Choo it’s a surprise to me.
- Something tells me Kerry Wood’s confidence is down. Or his abilities are down. Or he’s stealing $10M from the Tribe this year. Or all of the above. Definitely didn’t bring him in to pitch in non-save situations. I guess save situations haven’t come along too often this season, to his credit.
- You know what isn’t good? Grady getting second and third opinions on his knee.
- There were almost 15,000 people at Progressive Field last night! That’s gotta be some sort of record, amirite?
The Tribe wraps up their homestand this afternoon against the White Sox at 12:05, then travel to the Bronx Friday to take on the Yankees for Memorial Day weekend.
That should be fun.