Sorry it has been a few days since the last post, I have been burned out on sports lately. After reading hundreds of articles about LeBron, dealing with the Indians semi teasing me, and trying to think of a fantasy football team name (open to suggestions), I needed a little break.
Let’s go over what’s been happening over the last few days:
- Matt Garza threw MLB’s FIFTH no hitter of the season last night. Tampa Bay has been no hit twice this year, so I guess it’s nice to see them on the other side. Ya know what sucks? He did it against the Tigers, who famously had a perfect game stolen from them by the Indians. World sure works in mysterious ways.
- Delonte West was traded last night, along with Sebastian Telfair to Minnesota for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, and a future second rounder. Sessions is good friends with Mo, so take of that what you want. One thing is for sure though, I don’t think Delonte is going to need a portable armory to protect himself in the Twin Cities.
- Chris Paul asked to be traded, then said he’s comfortable with the Hornets moving forward, and now apparently he didn’t ask to be traded. Remember, he is represented by LeBron’s people, so take everything with a grain of salt. Gawd LeBron is a jerk.
- The Browns have signed all of their picks except for Joe Haden. Also, Vegas has their over/under for wins at 5.5. For once, the Brownies might be a REALLY safe bet.
- A-Rod is sitting on 599 home runs, and some are speculating that his 600th home run ball would command six figures to a collector. At least the Tribe will be at the top of SportsCenter if he gets number 600 at Progressive Field.
- The Jets are bringing in T.O. to speak to him, which could possibly have Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Mr. Owens on the same team. Hey, Jets…that is not the way I would recommend christening the new stadium.
- Browns training camp opens Saturday. I am excited about this season. I was not last year, but I have a good feeling about the 2010 season.
What do you guys want to talk about?