Yesterday I had to go to the mall to get a pair of pants. I would rather travel to the seventh circle of hell. Emo kids everywhere. Non-emo but equally annoying tweens at every turn. I hate the mall.
- What’s up with this whole “rat” story in San Francisco? How many columnists/radio hosts have referenced “The Departed” in the past week? Am I the first guy to put together? Probably! I’m a genius!
- OSU is favored by 30 tomorrow against OU. I am going to my aunt and uncle’s house for a beer and brats party for the game, and OU has a better chance of winning than I have of successfully interacting with my god daughter. She’s shy, and I’m pretty sure she’s scared of my beard.
- Michael Vick is starting for the Eagles Sunday, his first start since the end of the 2006 season. He’s a big fantasy pickup this week, but I wouldn’t expect huge things. This is also coming from a guy who got a combined nine points by his first two picks in Mr. Schuster’s draft.
- Reggie Bush gave back his Heisman, but says that returning it does not mean he did anything wrong. “Sure, take back not only the best individual award that I’ve ever won, but also the most prestigious collegiate sports accomplishment. Despite all of the evidence against me and myself forfeiting the trophy, I totes didn’t take that money, or the house, or the cars, or anything else”, Bush said.
- Delhomme didn’t practice again today, so it’s looking like we’re gonna have Seneca Wallace under center against the Chiefs. Medvetz basically called him a poor Michael Vick. Speaking of Vick (again), Medvetz picked him up and is starting him in our fantasy league this week. He beat me by approximately 6,396,110 points last week. And that’s just with Arian Foster.
- Saw a funny comment on Deadspin yesterday: “Houston RB Foster is a freaking beast, that’s why I’m starting a fan club called Arian Nation. Who’s with me? Wait, aww f***.” That actually made me laugh. Out loud, even.
That’s all I got right now. Nastruthomas wants me to talk about the NBA and ESPN’s greatest teams, but we’re only one week into the Browns season, so I don’t want to do that.