My DirecTV DVR is broken, and it sucks. Besides a sporting event, how long has it been since you watched something live? It’s effing brutal.
- I hope you guys are ready for some pun-ny headlines—Andrew Luck is returning to Stanford. You could say that Stanford is getting very LUCKy! Or that Carolina is very unLUCKY! Or that headline writers have fallen into some LUCK today. Hey, that was an easy bullet point!
- He wants to stay so he can get his degree in architectural design. When I was in eighth grade, I wanted to be an architect. Until I got to geometry in ninth grade and sucked at it.
- Geometry was an honors class in ninth grade, so the grade was weighted. When I thought I was gonna fail, I remember telling my mother “well, Mom, it’s on a five point scale so an F is really like a D”. That didn’t go over as well as I thought it was going to.
- My alma mater, Miami University, beat Middle Tennessee State 35-21 in the GoDaddy.com Bowl. Their nine game turnaround is the biggest swing in FBS history. Unfortunately, not even that fact can get me remotely interested in this team.
- Daniel Gibson won’t be making the West Coast trip, Anderson Varejao sprained his ankle in practice, Leon Powe is out, and Anthony Parker is questionable. Speaking of historic (un?)turnarounds, what’s the record for disparity between wins in one season? Someone look that up. I don’t feel like doing it.
- The Browns are interviewing Pat Shurmur today, St. Louis’ offensive coordinator. Just so you know, they ranked 26th offensively in 2010. That’s encouraging.
Here’s a video of my favorite Cleveland Brown ever, Eric Metcalf. This is University of Texas’ Heisman hype video for him.