I’m pretty depressed right now. This is the first opening day in Cleveland that I’m missing in quite some time. I guess I really shouldn’t complain since I’ve been in Mexico and Florida in the past month. Whatever. This would HAVE to be considered work related, right?
- Delicious shopping mall pizza and GWCS’ almost career destination Sbarro is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. I always wondered how they made money by giving stuff away.
- Tribe All-Star Shin-Soo Choo predicts playoffs for the 2011 Cleveland Indians. Unless they kill it in April and everybody plays lights out, I don’t see it happening.
- I don’t think they will be terrible either. They should be pretty solid, and they could win 75ish games. I know that’s nothing to write home about, but they have to be better than last year, right?
- Warren Moon thinks that the criticisms of Cam Newton are racially motivated. He’s probably right. A lot of pundits have him going to the Bengals at #4. I would not like to see him to go the Bengals.
- Former Washington QB Jake Locker had his pro day yesterday. Depending on who you talk to, it was either impressive, or way too easy. Aren’t all pro days way too easy? If you ask me, I think all Division I QBs should be able to make every throw with no defenders.
- The headline of this story is amusing.
Is anybody going to Opening Day today? If you do, take some pictures, write down your story, and send it to me. I’ll post it here next week. You can email me at email@example.com.
Here’s a tribute to the 2007 Indians. Here’s hoping they can reclaim some of that magic. Of course their roster was 100x better then, but nobody thought they’d go to the ALCS. Enjoy.