I am not sure what is crazier…that the military finally found and killed Osama Bin Laden or that a guy was unknowingly live tweeting it the whole time. Since I’m clearly not qualified to write about something so historic such as this, I’m just going to congratulate the military and the Bush and Obama administrations for getting the job done.
- After sweeping the Tigers over the weekend, the Tribe have won 13 straight at home and got their fifth sweep of the young season. They had four sweeps all of last year. Is it just me, or does four sweeps in 2010 seem like a lot for that garbage team?
- The best thing about the Indians right now? They’re confident. Confidence is key to have in any sport, and this is one of the cases where a youthful team is a huge asset. Who are the most confident people in the world? Young men. Sure, you see most of them downtown and they’re d-bags, but they are confident. I know that’s not the best comparison, but if our young players keep up their confidence, they’re going to keep ballin’. Unfortunately, the opposite is also true. But that’s where good coaching comes in.
- I would really like to see Travis Hafner back in the lineup. It’s a little concerning that he’s in a walking boot, but luckily his teammates are picking up the slack.
- Hey, everybody…go to the games. It’s a lot of fun right now. I went with three buddies Saturday night, and we bought $8 tickets, walked in the stadium, and ended up sitting in the first row of the upper deck. You can’t beat it.
- The Heat beat the Celtics in a chippy game one of the Eastern Conference Semifinals yesterday. I really don’t have an opinion about this right now. I haven’t been less interested in the NBA playoffs since probably high school.
- Except for the Memphis Grizzlies. I’m paying attention to them. I’m not saying I’m jumping on the bandwagon or anything, but it’s cool to see this team come together and do what they’re doing. All of this without Rudy Gay as well.
I’ll leave you with a little blurb about Grady Sizemore from my dude Steve. He emailed this to met his morning, and it’s pretty incredible.
Grady Sizemore’s comeback continues to exceed expectations: with a double, he now has THREE TIMES as many EXTRA-base hits as SINGLES. He is hitting .390, so this is not insignificant. He has as many homers as singles and twice as many doubles as homers. His homer also went close to dead center, so these are not simple pure-pull guess jobs. He is hitting extraordinarily well. His SLG is EIGHT SEVENTY-EIGHT. His ISO (isolated power, which is SLG – AVG) of .498 is higher than the raw SLG of Choo, Santana, and Matt LaPorta. It is fifteen points lower than Al Escobar’s OPS. That’s just absurd. He is tied for the team lead in homers. He has played in 10 games. The other players have played in 21, 20, 24, and 24 games.
I’m back this week. Let’s get weird.